10-Year-Old Invents Device To Save Children From Dying In Hot Cars
Too many children die in hot cars every year. Since 1998, 712 kids have died from being left in an overheated car – and that’s 712 too many. But thanks to 10-year-old boy, Bishop Curry from McKinney, Texas, these tragedies could soon come to an end.
Bishop who is in the fifth grade invented an ingenious device called the Oasis. It is handy gadget that “monitors the temperature inside the car. Once it gets to a certain level, the device emits cool air while simultaneously alerting parents and authorities via an antenna. ”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Toddler Narrowly Avoids Being Crushed by Car That Rushed Toward Him
The inspiration for this invention came about when tragedy struck close to home. A six-month-old baby died in Bishop’s neighbor’s car. Bishop knew that he had to do something about it, so he went to work.
Bishop’s dad, who is a process engineer and who works for Toyota, fully supports his son. He also understands why a device like this is important,
“Sometimes babies fall asleep and they’re really quiet, so if you’re rushing home from work or you’re rushing to the grocery store, I could see how somebody could forget.”
WATCH: Boy Invents Device To Prevent Children From Dying In Hot Cars
So far Bishop and his father have managed to raise over $24,000 for their device on GoFundMe.
We can all agree that a device like this is well needed, and we don’t want our precious children to being harmed in any kind or way.
We’d like to wish Bishop the best of luck, his invention is one that should be in every car that hits the road. But while we are waiting for this to hit the shelves (and even after), let’s look out for one another and keep an eye and ear out for children in danger.
RELATED: Special Boy Sews Hundreds Of Bears For Kids In The Hospital